Best Can & Jar Openers for the Elderly
Updated for January, 2022
Last update on 2022-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How We Found the Best Can and Jar Openers
Can and Jar Openers we Reviewed:
Best Can & Jar Openers for Elderly
Let’s face it. Opening some jars is hard, even for the strongest among us. That’s why a little extra help can come in handy, and it can also help prevent harmful accidents. Especially for seniors aging in place, putting too much effort on trying to open a can or jar could actually cause you harm or a serious accident. If you’re living with weak hands or arthritis, it’s best to take it easy and find an aid that can ensure you’re safety while also getting the job done quickly. Our Best Can and Jar Openers for Elderly 2022 review shows you some of the excellent choices you have for making life just a bit easier.
It is incredibly versatile for a variety of different containers.
- It has a lifetime, money-back guarantee.
- It offers outstanding versatility.
- You can use it to open flip top lids too.
- It is easy to use.
- It’ll pay for itself quickly in time and effort saved.
- The openers are a bit flimsy.
- May not fit some size lids
Best Can Opener
It even handles the lids for hands-free operation.
- The grip is soft and comfortable.
- You don’t have to handle the lids.
- It has a five-year guarantee.
- It works as described and cuts cleanly.
- It leverages the cutting action well with minimal effort on your part.
- The opener may slip when using it on heavier cans.
- Seniors with arthritis still may not be able to turn the knob easily.
Best Bottle Opener
It works with a wide range of bottle sizes.
- It can open a broad range of pill bottles.
- You can even use it on twist-off caps and pull tabs, putting it in the multi-tool category.
- Its bright color makes it easy to find it in your kitchen drawer.
- It has a comfortable, ergonomically designed shape.
- It has a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
- It’s expensive for what it is.
- Some user may not feel the grip is easy to use
Best Gripper Multi-Pack
Versatility and value make this gripper a great choice.
- They are easy to use.
- They have a non-slip, textured surface.
- The bright colors are cheery.
- They are affordable.
- You can use them as trivets too.
- You may not need all 12 that come in a pack
- You’ll still need to exert a good amount of force and movement to open up caps
Best Jar Opener
It makes the process easy and fully automated.
- The battery life is relatively long.
- It has a one-year warranty.
- It’s built to last for the long haul.
- It runs completely on its own with the push of a button.
- The company stands behind its product with prompt customer service.
- You can only use it on glass jars.
- This product won’t option on cans
Best Medicine Opener
It’s a simple solution to an annoying problem.
- It has a comfortable hand feel.
- The surface is slip-resistant to help you gain leverage.
- It is flexible enough to fit a broad range of bottles.
- It provides a secure grip on caps.
- The magnifying function is priceless.
- It is less useful for smaller bottles.
- Material may not be durable enough to last for a long time.
Both offer affordable medical alert systems with different perks and customer experience ratings.
Choosing between medical alerts systems can be challenging. If you’re deciding between Life Alert versus Medical Alert, differences such as response time and cost are significant, and those may be deciding factors for you.