Fresh, high-quality, wholesome meals designed for seniors in mind
9 menus for special dietary requirements
No long-term commitment
10% discount on recurring orders
Available throughout the continental U.S.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
Good taste/affordability ratio
Serves a wide range of dietary needs
Option of ordering by phone
Shipping is pricey
No refunds for already-delivered meals
Some orders or customer service issues must be expedited over the telephone
Complaints with customer service and delivery
Complaints with ice packs not adequately placed
High sugar content, with 82 grams in one meal
Multiple complaints that renal and diabetic menus are too high in carbs and sugar
Mom’s Meals Review
Older adults find themselves more dependent on others to run errands and obtain necessities like food. With the uncertain future of Meals on Wheels services due to cuts in government funding, seniors and their caregivers alike are on the lookout for other sources for meal delivery. Many customers and reviewers find Mom’s Meals NourishCare to be a much healthier option than the hand-delivered Styrofoam Meals on Wheels containers.
While there are about 150 meal delivery businesses on the market today —with over a dozen highly successful options delivering nationwide —the closest competitor is Silver Cuisine by BistroMD. But rather than a senior-targeted brand extension, Mom’s Meals was created with seniors in mind.
Who Can Order Mom’s Meals?
Mom’s Meals is available for any individual or caregiver looking for simple, budget-friendly, and hassle-free meals. Organizations and state agencies can also use Mom’s Meals to coordinate home-delivered meals for a member or patient. Whether you’re ordering online or over the phone, Mom’s Meals makes it easy to distinguish the ordering process for AAA or State Agency workers and case managers.
For AAA and state governments, Mom’s Meals works with agencies by arranging meal delivery covered under Medicare and Medicaid. Some programs that qualify include Long Term Care, Chronic Care, and Post-Discharge Care. Similarly, case managers can work with Mom’s Meals to determine if their patients qualify for home-delivered meals covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
With highly-rated customer care assistance, Mom’s Meals offers easy ordering and self-pay pricing for individuals and caregivers.
Benefits of Ordering Mom’s Meals
With Mom’s Meals, customers can choose from over 50 breakfast, lunch or dinner meals that are designed by Mom’s Meals team of executive chefs and registered dietitians and then prepared by qualified kitchen staff in USDA approved and inspected facilities. Mom’s Meals customers always have full control over the type of meals that they receive.
Additional Benefits Of The Mom’s Meals Home Delivered Meal Program:
- Meals are delivered by FedEx in a cooler and are packaged using a cutting-edge USDA approved technology that allows freshness under refrigerated conditions for up to two full weeks.
- Mom’s Meals can deliver just about anywhere in the contiguous 48 states and drivers do their best to accommodate special delivery instructions.
- Every meal is prepared in a USDA certified kitchen and each has a USDA nutritional label, a use-by date and simple microwave heating instructions.
- Each order from Mom’s Meals comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Mom’s Meals guarantees that all meals will arrive fresh to the customer’s doorstep with no added preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils and no added trans-fat. Mom’s Meals will never provide frozen food, dried meats, shelf-stable meals or vacuum-sealed meals.
- Mom’s Meals customers can select from 14 or 21 meals and choose whether they would like to place a single order or receive their meals weekly, bi-weekly through an auto-delivery option.
- Mom’s Meals has an excellent customer service team that is dedicated to making sure that the ordering process is simple. These representatives are also available to answer questions pertaining to meal ingredient information to ensure that the meals that are selected match varying lifestyle requirements and nutritional parameters.
Types of Meals
Mom’s Meals currently boasts over 60 different meals available through nine menu options:
- Lower Sodium
- Cancer Support
- General Wellness