One of the biggest concerns many people have about medical alert systems is who will respond to their call in case of an emergency. Will someone just answer to say they’re sending help, or will someone stay on the line until that help arrives? ResponseLINK medical alert system tries to address that concern by staffing its centers with EMT-certified individuals and encouraging users to contact the center any time they feel they need it, not just in emergencies. How does ResponseLINK compare to others among the best medical alert systems? Here’s a closer look.
ResponseLINK Medical Alert System Overview
ResponseLINK has been in the medical alert system business for over 30 years. Its biggest selling point is its customer service system. Every call center the company runs has TMA Five Diamond-certified EMT call center technicians available 24/7. There is also support for multiple languages. If you call one of the centers, the company promises operators will stay on the line until help arrives, even if you can’t communicate with them. More importantly, ResponseLINK encourages users to contact their call centers for any reason, even if it’s just to ask a question. You can also set who you want to call in an emergency, whether it’s 911, a neighbor, a friend, or a loved one.
Other Recommended Medical Alert Systems
- Medical Guardian: Medical Guardian offers several comprehensive systems with on-the-go coverage and many useful features.
- Aloe Care Health: Aloe Care Health’s system is voice-activated and does not require you to press a button, which is useful for those with mobility challenges.
- MobileHelp: MobileHelp provides six medical alert system packages, ranging from simple landline-based ones to smart devices with many apps and features.
- Bay Alarm Medical: Bay Alarm Medical’s on-the-go systems are some of the least expensive on the market, starting at only $29.95 per month for a basic mobile system and a smartwatch-based system.
- LifeFone: LifeFone offers a medical alert system with one of the longest battery lives available, as well as medication reminders, fall detection, daily check-ins, and caregiver apps.
ResponseLINK Medical Alert System Review
Who Is It Best For?
ResponseLINK offers a medical alert system with one of the most comprehensive call centers in the business. It would best serve seniors who live alone and want a system that will quickly connect them to help.
Who It Is Not Recommended For
ResponseLINK medical alert system may not be the right choice for caregivers who want a system that can monitor their loved one. It’s also not ideal for those who want many additional features, such as a smoke detector and automatic testing.
What Do We Like About ResponseLINK Medical Alert System?
The best feature ResponseLINK medical alert system offers is its call center. The operators are EMT certified, and more importantly, the ResponseLINK team is staffed with those willing to talk to seniors, even if they only have a question or concern. The fact that you can decide who you would like the company to call in an emergency is also something many people find attractive.
Things To Note About ResponseLINK Medical Alert System That Visitors Might Not Like
If you’re looking for a more sophisticated system that has internet access and is connected to many apps, ResponseLINK is probably not right for you. The mobile system does not use GPS for its location feature, so it is not always accurate.
Available ResponseLINK Medical Alert System Features
- Medication reminders
- Fall detection
- 911 geo-technology tracking system
- Landline option
- Cellular option
- Waterproof pendant/button
ResponseLINK Medical Alert System Features That Are Missing
- Smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector
- Activity monitoring
- Automatic testing