With so many medical alert system products on the market, it can be tough to sort through them and find the right device that meets your or your loved one’s needs.
You may have come across the QMedic medical alert system in your search. But how does QMedic rank compare to other systems?
We’ve done the research for you so you can feel like you’re choosing the ideal product for you.
QMedic Medical Alert System Overview
QMedic is based in Boston. Founded in 2010, the medical alert system provider offers two different systems to consumers: a home system and a GPS locator pendant.
Here is what comes in the box with the QMedic device:
- A base station
- Power cord
- Wristband or pendant help button
- A phone cord for those outside of the cellular network
The brand offers medical alert systems direct to consumers via its website and ships units in about three to five business days. And according to QMedic, setting up the system takes less than 10 minutes.
Once you place an order with QMedic, you’ll receive an email with a link that allows you to add emergency contacts to the system. You can edit this list at any time.
Other Recommended Medical Alert Systems
If you feel like QMedic isn’t right for you, here are a few other medical alert system brands to consider:
- Medical Guardian: This company offers several mobile medical alert systems for people with more active lifestyles.
- Aloe Care Health: Aloe Care Health’s simple medical alert system features a motion sensor for automatic fall detection.
- MobileHelp: This brand offers six different systems, and plan prices start at just $19.95 per month.
- Bay Alarm Medical: This inexpensive medical alert system plan starts at only $19.95 per month.
- LifeFone: If you’re looking for a system with a comprehensive caregiver app and long battery life, LifeFone may be for you.
- Medical Alert: Medical Alert is a subsidiary of Connect America and offers a variety of simple medical alert systems with no contracts.
QMedic Medical Alert System Review
QMedic is a relatively new brand in the medical alert space and has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau with zero complaints on the website.
QMedic’s system is good for users who prefer no-frills products. The brand offers solutions that are a good fit for people who are homebound and active older adults who want peace of mind. The easy-to-use button design is also convenient for blind and disabled users.
We like that the QMedic medical alert system is waterproof, but keep in mind that the GPS-enabled neck pendant is only water-resistant.
Another advantage of the QMedic system is that the wearable buttons work within a substantial range of the base station – up to 1,000 feet. And there’s no complicated installation required.
There are no contracts or hidden fees when you sign up for a QMedic medical alert system, and you get access to around-the-clock monitoring and two-way communication via the base station. The base station also has a 24-hour backup battery if there’s a power outage.
Phone translation services are also available, and QMedic monitoring centers have bilingual employees who can communicate in Arabic, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
However, it may not be a good option if you’re looking for a product with fall detection. None of QMedic’s devices offer automatic fall detection, and there’s no option to add on this feature.
There’s also no included lockbox. However, during an emergency, monitoring center employees can contact your friends or family who have access to your home. You also have the option of purchasing a front door lock box and giving QMedic the access information so they can pass along the info to first responders in case of an emergency.
While the pricing for QMedic is on par with other medical alert systems, there’s no option to pay monthly, which may not be feasible if you’re on a tight budget.
QMedic Medical Alert System Features
Here’s a quick breakdown of the features available with the QMedic medical alert and certain features that are not available (but may be with other medical alert systems).
- Waterproof capabilities (GPS neck pendant is water-resistant)
- GPS tracking with the GPS wearable device plan
- Activity and sleep monitoring
- Alerts and reports for caregivers
- 24/7 monitoring, two-way communication via a UL-listed monitoring center
- No fall detection. You need to physically push the button to place an emergency call
- No other add-on features
QMedic Medical Alert System Models
QMedic offers two systems: